The Gifted Child Society is a
non-profit organization that was
founded in 1957 by parents of
New Jersey to further the cause
of gifted children.
• Camper Pickup Form
- Welcome to TGCS 2015!
Another new year and welcome to the exciting, new things happening at TGCS in 2015!
- Spaces Still Available - Don't Miss Summer Super Stars Camp STEAM 2015!!!
Register now for a fabulous summer of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math, and FUN with Camp STEAM 2015! With inspiring academic mornings and multi-faceted recreational afternoons filled with swimming, sports, Camp Clubs, TGCS Theatre, and our new Afternoon Academy, Camp STEAM is sure to engage and inspire Member camper(s) of all ages. Check our Camp STEAM Catalog for more details and complete your registration form today.
Registration closes on May 1st so be sure to send your camp registration now! There is still availability, although spaces are filling up quickly. Complete registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registrations may be sent via the following options:
- Email to Admin@gifted.org
- Fax to 201-444-9099, or
- Regular mail to The Gifted Child Society, 190 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452
Member campers can request to be placed with friends, which makes participation in Camp STEAM even more enjoyable!
Contact us now! We're looking forward to seeing all our Member camper(s) this summer!
- Saturday Workshop Spring 2015
Our Spring 2015 program will run through May 16th. Classes are full and registration is closed at this time.
All remaining classes for the session will be held on a morning schedule at 9:30AM, 10:30AM, and 11:30AM.
- Special Introductory Classes For Three Year Olds
Do you have a bright three year old? Do you know someone who does? TGCS offers special, one-time introductory classes for bright three year olds who would like to experience the unique and specialized instruction offered by TGCS to advanced learners. Classes are offered as part of The Saturday Workshop program and are limited to one class choice per child. Child(ren) must be three years old prior to the start of the Saturday Workshop session. Membership is not required. Current course descriptions can be found in the Saturday Workshop Spring 2015 Brochure.
Registration for our Saturday Workshop Fall 2015 program will begin in September, 2015.
- Attention, Potential New Members
To determine eligibility to The Gifted Child Society, TGCS offers an onsite intelligence testing option, for a fee. Please contact the TGCS office at (201) 444-6530 to schedule an appointment.
- TGCS Facilities
The TGCS office is located at 190 Rock Road in Glen Rock, NJ. TGCS Management and intelligence testing is located at the Glen Rock office. TGCS specialty programming is run out of Northern Highlands Regional High School (NHRHS) in Allendale, New Jersey, including The Saturday Workshop and Summer Super Stars camp. 2015 marks the beginning of an entirely new era for TGCS as we have many extraordinary things planned for this year and beyond, and we look forward to seeing all our gifted learners this year!
- TGCS is Looking for Unique, Dedicated Instructors
TGCS is actively looking for dynamic and dedicated instructors with a passion for a variety of subject matter. If you are a teacher or a professional with an interest in sharing your wealth of knowledge with our exceptional gifted learners in pre-K through grade 8, you may be a potential candidate for a TGCS Instructor position with our Saturday Workshop or Summer Super Stars Camp programs. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Immediate Opening Available: Registered Nurse
TGCS has a position available for a registered nurse for our Summer Super Stars Camp located at Northern Highlands Regional High School in Allendale NJ. Employment runs from June 29th through August 7th. Please send inquiries to email@example.com
- Jim Delisle - Parenting Precocious Kids
TGCS Student Wins National Competition
8 Year old, TGCS member student, Mark Leschinsky, has won the National Museum of Education sponsored competition for “Student Ideas For A Better America” with his invention of a “Self-Disinfecting Hazmat Suit” for healthcare workers that treat Ebola patients. We hope he inspires other children to attain their dreams also! Way to go Mark, congratulations! FULL STORY
Andy Lukac Honored for 57 Years of Service
Andy Lukac with D'Arcy Natale and Bobbi Zientek FULL STORY
The Gifted Child Society is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1957 by parents of New Jersey to further the cause of gifted children. To achieve its mission, The Gifted Child Society is committed to providing the following:
- Superior programming and experiential opportunities for gifted children, to equip them with the means necessary to enjoy a full and productive life.
- Extraordinary support services and resources for families of gifted children, for all developmental stages.
- Cutting-edge professional training opportunities and support for educators and administrators, to ensure early identification and the best possible learning environments and opportunities within school districts, to meet the needs of these unique children.
- Conspicuous and dedicated advocacy of gifted children throughout local, state and federal venues to ensure public recognition, acceptance and timely responsiveness to their unique needs.
Since 1957, the Society has served over 60,000 children and their families. In 1975, the U.S. Department of Education named it a national demonstration model.